Coast to the Highlands scenic drive – Kangaroo Valley
Morton National Park
For a scenic driving route from Nowra through Kangaroo Valley, Coast to the Highlands scenic drive offers lookouts and breathtaking scenic views across Morton National Park.
- Morton National Park
- 100km one-way
- Time suggested
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply if visiting attractions in the Fitzroy Falls and Bundanoon areas of Morton National Park.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- There's limited mobile reception in this park
- We encourage you to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
- There are free barbecues at Fitzroy Falls and Bundanoon. Cafe facilities are located at Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre.
For spectacular scenery through the lush rainforest, waterfalls and mountains of NSW Southern Highlands, enjoy a driving route along the superb Coast to the Highlands scenic drive. Leading from Nowra to Goulburn, through the beautiful Kangaroo Valley, this drive offers plenty of options for walking, picnics and scenic views, making it a perfect family day out.
Following the lush tree-lined road over Cambewarra Mountain, Fitzroy Falls in Morton National Park is a magnificent sight after heavy rain, and Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre is well worth a visit. Near Bundanoon, there are loads of walks to suit everyone and if you’re tempted to stay a while, there's camping at Gambells Rest campground.
Be sure to stop at Long Point lookout for spectacular scenic views over the deep Shoalhaven Gorge and the magnificent West Ettrema Wilderness. It’s an ideal spot for some photography.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass