Caryapundy lookout loop drive
Narriearra Caryapundy Swamp National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Caryapundy lookout loop drive.
Getting there and parking
Caryapundy lookout loop drive begins at the entrance of Narriearra Caryapundy Swamp National Park. To get there from Tibooburra:
- Travel 26km east of Tibooburra along Tibooburra Road, to where it becomes Narriearra Road.
- Continue travelling straight onto Narriearra Road, and drive for another 19km. You'll pass through 2 gates to enter the park.
- Whittabrinnah Hotel precinct is the first area you’ll reach after entering the park. It's 10km into the park, past the second gate and park entrance sign.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at the Whittabrinnah Hotel precinct, Caryapundy tank precinct and Caryapundy lookout precinct.
- There is no drinking water in this park. Bring plenty of water, petrol and supplies with you.
- The closest non-flush toilets, picnic tables and gas barbecues are located at Caryapundy lookout
- The closest carparks are located at Whittabrinnah Hotel precinct and Caryapundy lookout precinct
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Whittabrinnah Hotel precinct: The walking track crosses an ephemeral creek where there is soft sand, steep edges and tree roots, rocks and other trip hazards.
- Caryapundy tank precinct: There’s a steep slope up to the bird hide with some obstacles such as loose rocks.
- Caryapundy lookout precinct: Wheelchair-accessible with assistance.;
- Tibooburra Visitor Centre
- Tibooburra Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service)
- 08 8091 3308
- 51 Briscoe Street, Tibooburra NSW 2880