Womerah Range trail
Parr State Conservation Area
Womerah Range trail is a challenging hiking, mountain biking and 4WD route with scenic views through the dramatic sandstone landscape of Parr State Conservation Area.
- Parr State Conservation Area
- 48km one-way
- Time suggested
- 2 days
You’ll need a permit and a key to enter this area with a 4WD. A permit costs $100 and applications take around 3 weeks to process. Please call Bulga office to apply for a permit.
Womerah Range trail is closed to 4WDs from 1 October to 31 March each year due to high fire risk.
- Please note
- This park is in a remote location, so please ensure you’re well-prepared, bring appropriate clothing and equipment and advise a family member or friend of your travel plans.
- Drinking water is not available in this park, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- The walking opportunities in this park are suitable for experienced bushwalkers who are comfortable undertaking self-reliant hiking.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
Explore the rugged and remote landscape of Parr State Conservation Area on foot, by mountain bike or in a 4WD along Womerah Range trail. This steep and sometimes sandy track makes for a challenging experience, especially if you’re cycling. Enjoy scenic views of cliffs, rocky outcrops and dramatic gorges from this ridgeline track though Hawkesbury sandstone country. Stop for a picnic along the way and gaze out upon McDonald Valley and nearby Yengo National Park.
If you’re hiking and want to complete the whole track in two days, why not do a car shuffle and begin at the main entrance off Webbs Creek Road and finish at Parr’s western entrance on Putty Road? Otherwise, you could hike in from either entrance, stay overnight at Heartbreak Hill campground then retrace your steps the next day. There are plenty of possibilities.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- in Parr State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds region
Parr State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.