Walter Hood ride from Cudmirrah
Conjola National Park
Walter Hood ride from Cudmirrah is a scenic cycling route through Conjola National Park to Monument Beach. Great for picnicking, birdwatching and spring wildflowers.
- Conjola National Park in South Coast
- 11km one-way
- Time suggested
- Opening times
Walter Hood ride from Cudmirrah is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- There's limited mobile reception in this park
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable. Please be well prepared for your visit.
Gather a group of friends for a cycling adventure on Walter Hood ride from Cudmirrah in Conjola National Park. Enjoy lunch at Monument Beach picnic area. This route makes for a great day out, taking in heathland and forest before reaching the coast.
You’re likely to see some swamp or red-necked wallabies on your ride. And if you hear a soundtrack of high-pitched calls, it’s probably from the bleating tree frogs nearby.
A monument to the clipper ship Walter Hood, wrecked on this south coast in 1870, can be found at Monument Beach. For a longer ride, return via Heath circuit.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Conjola National Park in the South Coast region
Conjola National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (22)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (10)
- Canoeing/paddling (5)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (4)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (4)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (8)
- Swimming (2)
- Walking (7)
- Waterfalls (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (5)