Turkey Flat trail
Murrumbidgee Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Turkey Flat trail.
Getting there and parking
Turkey Flat trail is in the MIA II precinct of Murrumbidgee Valley National Park, and begins at Turkey Flat Wetlands.
To get there from Leeton:
- Drive east towards Narrandera on Irrigation Way
- Head through the township of Yanco and, just after crossing the train line, turn right onto Euroley Road.
- Continue down Euroley Road for 400m and turn right onto River Road
- Follow River Road for 2.5km – the entrance to Turkey Flat Wetland and the picnic area is on the left.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Turkey Flat trail can become boggy when it rains.
Car and bus parking is available at Turkey Flat Wetlands carpark, a short walk from the trailhead.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murrumbidgee Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Evenings can be balmy at this time of year, so it's still a great time to camp.
Picturesque morning mists are common at this time of year and birds and animals are most active.
Enjoy early morning and late afternoon swimming during these hotter months.
This is Murray crayfish season, and a great time to head to the river.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 32°C
4°C and 16.5°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
- Griffith office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6966 8100
- 200 Yambil Street, Griffith NSW 2680