Scutts Hut trail
Mount Kaputar National Park
Jump on your mountain bike to check out the stunning scenery of Mount Kaputar National Park from behind your handle bars along Scutts Hut trail.
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- 40km return
- Time suggested
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water
- Please note
- Scutts Hut trail ends at a gate leading to Black Mountain Creek Road. Beyond the gate is private property, so we ask visitors to respect the boundary and ride back up the hill the way they came upon reaching the gate at the end of the track.
- You won't be able to ride down to Scutts Hut, but it is accessible on foot.
- Scutts Hut trail has rough uneven surfaces and is most suitable for mountain bikes
- The trail starts at Bark Hut picnic area and campground – a good place for a picnic or barbecue before you start the ride.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch
Discover the rugged landscape of Mount Kaputar National Park on your mountain bike on the beautiful Scutts Hut trail. The 20km trail winds its way along a ridge between two creeks, through magnificent bushland with amazing views. It makes a great day ride, and while you’re cycling, keep an eye out for the abundant birdlife, kangaroos and other local wildlife.
Before heading back, hop off your bike and walk down the track to check out historic Scutts Hut to see how pioneers lived in Mount Kaputar in the 1940s and 1950s.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.