Rocky Point trail
Bouddi National Park
Rocky Point trail provides an easy route for cycling beginners. Everyone will love the scenic views from Allen Strom lookout in Bouddi National Park, near Gosford.
- Bouddi National Park in Sydney and surrounds
- 1km one-way
- Time suggested
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply in the Putty Beach area only
- What to
- Drinking water, sunscreen, hat
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
Bouddi National Park offers plenty of mountain biking opportunities on well-defined trails, also suitable for walking. One of the best cycling routes for beginners is Rocky Point trail, a one-way trail beginning just off Wards Hills Road and finishing at Allen Strom lookout. There are stellar scenic views from Allen Strom lookout over Hardys Bay and it is great for birdwatching along the way, so be sure to bring your binoculars.
Rocky Point trail forms part of Bouddi Ridge explorer, which links several trails in a single loop throughout the park. The 10km loop combines ocean lookouts with beautiful forested tracks for a brilliant overview of the area.
Take a virtual tour of Rocky Point trail captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Bouddi National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bouddi National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins.Buy annual pass
Things to do (71)
- Aboriginal culture (16)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (13)
- Canoeing/paddling (4)
- Cultural heritage (2)
- Cycling (5)
- Educational activities (1)
- Fishing (3)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (10)
- Other experiences (3)
- Photography (4)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (32)
- Snorkelling and scuba (1)
- Swimming (5)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (35)
- Waterfalls (5)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (5)