Monument Beach ride from Bendalong
Conjola National Park
Monument Beach ride from Bendalong is a cycling route through Conjola National Park leading to a picnic area with scenic ocean views and a historic monument.
- Conjola National Park in South Coast
- 6.5km one-way
- Time suggested
- Opening times
- Monument Beach ride from Bendalong is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
There's limited reception in this park.
Monument Beach ride from Bendalong is one of many cycling routes weaving through Conjola National Park. This route takes you along unsealed roads through turpentine and blackbutt forest to Monument Beach picnic area where there are scenic views of the rocky coastline and vast ocean.
The monument commemorates the wreck of the clipper ship Walter Hood, which was originally built for trade between Australia and China. In 1870, bound for Sydney, Walter Hood was caught in a gale and wrecked on the reef off Monument Beach. The monument is also the burial site of the captain and crew.
Pack a picnic and go for a cycle with family or friends along this well-signposted route. In spring the landscape will be alive with wildflowers such as wattle and banksia. You’ll also want to keep your binoculars handy to get a look at the many native birds these flowers attract.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Conjola National Park in the South Coast region
Conjola National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (17)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (1)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (2)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (7)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (5)
- Waterfalls (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (5)