Cascade mountain bike trail
Cascade National Park
Enjoy a scenic cycling route through the rainforest on Cascade mountain bike trail, only an hours' drive from Coffs Harbour, and spot lyrebirds, reptiles and other wildlife along the way.
- Cascade National Park in North Coast
- 5.5km one-way
- Time suggested
- Opening times
Cascade mountain bike trail is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
The tiny hamlet of Briggsvale is the starting point for Cascade mountain bike trail – an easy, undulating cycling route along a gravel path that takes riders to the heart of Cascade National Park. All around, you’ll see the diversity of the landscape with lush rainforest interspersed with more open patches of eucalyptus trees.
The cycling trail travels east along Briggsvale Road, one of the most likely parts of the parks for visitors to see and hear lyrebirds. You’ll need to be as quiet as possible though, because these beautiful birds are notoriously shy. Aside from birdwatching opportunities, there’s also a chance you might be cycling past some of the resident reptiles, including carpet pythons, who like to warm themselves on the sun-lit paths.
When you reach the intersection of Carters trail, turn around and head back to Briggsvale. This is a great mountain bike ride to take at any time of year, but remember to layer your clothing during winter because the region is high above sea level and can get quite cool.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Cascade National Park in the North Coast region
Cascade National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.