Seaham Swamp Bird Hide
Seaham Swamp Nature Reserve
See an array of birdlife at Seaham Swamp Bird Hide. A top Seaham attraction and picnic spot, this birdwatching haven is open all year round.
- Seaham Swamp Nature Reserve in North Coast
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
Seaham Swamp Bird Hide is a haven for birdwatching. Visit this great Seaham attraction to see a variety of Hunter region waterfowl, both out in the swamp and sheltering in the hide.
Located in a small wetland reserve adjacent to Seaham village, this all-weather bird hide allows you to watch from a platform, ensuring you get great views and photos of the birds without disturbing them.
Check out the surrounding signage with interesting information on the birds of Seaham Swamp or stop at one of the picnic tables for a snack amidst imposing rough-trunked ironbark trees. For another view of the swamp try stretching your legs along Seaham Swamp walk.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Nelson Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 4984 8200
- Level 1, 12B Teramby Road, Nelson Bay NSW 2315
- in Seaham Swamp Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Seaham Swamp Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (23)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Aboriginal culture (2)
- Adventure sports (4)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (9)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (2)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (3)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Horse riding (1)
- Other experiences (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Walking (8)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)