Murramarang National Park
Snake Bay is a small, isolated bay in Murramarang National Park. You can only reach it on the walk between Pebbly Beach and Pretty Beach.
Snake Bay is a sheltered cobble beach flanked by rock formations. From Pebbly Beach it’s about a 5.6km return journey and takes you through lush rainforest gullies and along deserted beaches. The track begins from Pebbly Beach carpark on Mount Agony Road via the Princes Highway at East Lynne. From Pretty Beach it’s about a 10.4km return journey.
Perch yourself on the sand or rocks beds to enjoy a snack before continuing you walk—or head into the water for a swim. Snake Bay is fairly well sheltered and is safe for swimming.
Pebbly Beach campground - Murramarang National Park
Pack your camping gear for a weekend of adventure at Murramarang National Park on the NSW south coast. Pebbly Beach campground is only a short walk from the beach.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Ulladulla office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4454 9500
- Lot 9 Blackburn Industrial Estate, 6 Coller Road Ulladulla NSW 2539
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass
Things to do (64)
- Aboriginal culture (4)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Beach (3)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (32)
- Canoeing/paddling (12)
- Fishing (15)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Horse riding (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (15)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (34)
- Snorkelling and scuba (9)
- Surfing (6)
- Swimming (22)
- Walking (37)
- Waterfalls (2)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)