The Rock Nature Reserve - Kengal Aboriginal Place
All the practical information you need to know about The Towers.
Getting there and parking
On entering The Rock Nature Reserve – Kengal Aboriginal Place:
- From the road leading to the reserve, follow the gravel road for approximately 500m.
- The picnic area is adjacent to the carpark, and a narrow trail opposite the picnic shelter leads to The Towers.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Car and bus parking is available at The Towers.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in The Rock Nature Reserve Kengal Aboriginal Place. Here are some of the highlights.
Cooler days after the high heat of summer make this the perfect season to take advantage of the picnic area, stretching out beneath the red gums.
Spring sees the park bloom with wildflowers, including woolly ragwort, a threatened species native to the area.
The crisp clear air of winter provides views from the top of The Rock that sometimes stretch all the way to Mount Kosciuszko; this is the best season for walking.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
13.9°C and 28.5°C
4°C and 13.5°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Rock climbing is only permitted on The Towers, and you'll need to fill in the register book underneath the sign located at the base of The Towers.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720