The Rock Nature Reserve - Kengal Aboriginal Place
The Towers is a 100m stretch of the north-east face of The Rock, open to rock sports and also popular with photographers and birdwatchers who want to view peregrine falcons.
- The Rock Nature Reserve - Kengal Aboriginal Place
- Opening times
Though this attraction has no specific opening hours, due to safety reasons it is recommended that rock sports are conducted during daylight hours only.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Climbing and abseiling is only recommended for those with prior experience.
- The peregrine falcon breeding season is 1 July until 31 December, and The Towers are closed to rock sports during this time.
The Towers, right near The Rock picnic area, offer a thrilling conquest for rock climbers, abseilers, orienteering groups and photographers alike. Located in The Rock Nature Reserve, the north-east cliff face of The Rock, is a challenge to anybody with experience and the necessary equipment.
Peregrine falcons use The Towers as a nesting sight, offering birdwatchers close-up views of these magnificent creatures. Keep an eye out for peregrines on the cliff and observe their telltale whitewash streaks below their perches.
To reach The Towers, follow a 670m narrow walking trail opposite the picnic shelter and look for the register book. The best time to climb is between January and the end of June. Photographers will love the remarkable view over the surrounding countryside.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in The Rock Nature Reserve - Kengal Aboriginal Place in the Murray-Riverina region
The Rock Nature Reserve – Kengal Aboriginal Place is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.