The Newnes Plateau Cliffs
Gardens of Stone National Park
For self-reliant walkers, climbers and mountain bikers, Newnes Plateau is a wonderland of challenging experiences and awe-inspiring views.
- Gardens of Stone National Park
- Opening times
The Newnes Plateau cliffs are always open but sections may close due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water, cooking water, topographic map, compass, gps
- Please note
- You’ll need to bring all provisions for your activity and overnight stays in Gardens of Stone National Park
- You should be an experienced walker, climber, canyoner or trail bike rider to undertake these activities at Newnes Plateau.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
This is the stuff adrenalin junkies’ dreams are made of. Whether your thing is bushwalking, canyoning, rock-climbing or mountain-biking, Newnes Plateau is an adventure wonderland.
While you’re here, you’ll catch breathtaking views of the meandering Wolgan River, the high mesas of Pantoneys Crown and Donkey Mountain, and the stunning rock formations that Gardens of Stone is famous for. Deep in the bush you’ll see a wonderful variety of habitats including alpine grasses and dwarf heath, and the magnificent eucalypts recognised by the area’s World Heritage listing. You’ll also enjoy a fantastic array of birdlife as well as kangaroos, wallabies, and gliders moving through the bush around you.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Australia is home to more than 500,000 animal and plant species, many of which are found nowhere else in the world. Saving our Species is a statewide conservation program that addresses the growing number of Australian animals and Australian native plants facing extinction.
- Oberon office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6336 6200
- 38 Ross Street, Oberon NSW 2787
- in Gardens of Stone National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Gardens of Stone National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.