Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place
Brisbane Water National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place.
Getting there and parking
Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place is located near Kariong in Brisbane Water National Park. To get there:
- From the Central Coast Highway, take Woy Woy Road at Kariong
- Travel approximately 3km towards Woy Woy
- Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place is located on your right
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Bulgandry Aboriginal art site can become boggy when it rains
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
There's a loose gravel carpark at Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Brisbane Water National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The cooler weather makes it a perfect time to find a waterfall walking track, and keep an eye out for ancient Aboriginal engravings along the way.
Pack a picnic lunch and soak up the delightful sights and sounds of spring. Relax among the wildflowers and wildlife as the Hawkesbury River flows by.
Take advantage of the warmer summer weather and paddle down Patonga Creek or Mooney Mooney Creek in a canoe.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
5°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
There's step-free access to Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place:
- From the carpark, there's a 290m gravel path that leads to the Aboriginal site.
- Once at the site, there's a wood boardwalk all the way around the engravings.
- Step-free outdoor pathways
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
There's step-free access from the carpark to Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place. The gravel path to the art site is 290m long, ending at a wood boardwalk that leads around the engravings.
- Girrakool office
- Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 02 4320 4200
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas in Brisbane Water National Park close in the evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 7am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 7am to 6pm at other times
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins, or you can pay via the Park'nPay app.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass