Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place
Brisbane Water National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place.
Getting there and parking
Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place is located near Kariong in Brisbane Water National Park. To get there:
- From the Central Coast Highway, take Woy Woy Road at Kariong
- Travel approximately 3km towards Woy Woy
- Bulgandry Art Site Aboriginal Place is located on your right
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Bulgandry Aboriginal art site can become boggy when it rains
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at Bulgandry Aboriginal art site, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Brisbane Water National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The cooler weather makes it a perfect time to find a waterfall walking track, and keep an eye out for ancient Aboriginal engravings along the way.
Pack a picnic lunch and soak up the delightful sights and sounds of spring. Relax among the wildflowers and wildlife as the Hawkesbury River flows by.
Take advantage of the warmer summer weather and paddle down Patonga Creek or Mooney Mooney Creek in a canoe.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
5°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required as there is loose gravel on the path, but boardwalk is suitable.
- Girrakool office
- Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 02 4320 4200
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas within the park close of an evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 9am to 5pm every day
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass