Yengo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Howes trail .
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Howes trail is in the northern area of Yengo National Park. To get there:
- Travel south 25km along Putty Road from Bulga, where you’ll find the start of the trail just south of Howes Valley.
- The start of the trail is not clearly marked, so watch out for the red farm gate with the words 'fire trail' marked on it.
- You can also access the trail from the eastern side of the reserve from Laguna and Wollombi via Yango Creek Road, then Finchley track.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yengo National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Try mountain bike-riding around the Mount Yengo loop trail.
Set up camp at either Blue Gums or Mountain Arm campground and enjoy the stunning spring wildflower display.
Great for 4WD touring, experience those amazing sunsets and spectacular views from Finchley lookout.
Make Big Yango House your base to explore the park, enjoy warm days on the veranda and chilly nights by the fireplace.
Maps and downloads
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
You’re encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
If you're travelling through a national park or reserve on a public road you can have pets inside your vehicle. However, you must keep them inside your vehicle while driving through national parks or reserves. You must also comply with any conditions in the park’s plan of management, and you cannot stop to visit the park or use park facilities (unless for safety reasons, or to use publicly accessible toilets).
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330