Hastings Forest Way touring route
Willi Willi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Hastings Forest Way touring route.
Getting there and parking
Hastings Forest Way is in the eastern part of Werrikimbe National Park and the southern part of Willi Willi National Park. It starts in Wauchope and continues up to Brushy Mountain. To get there:
- From Wauchope, drive through town to the west along the Oxley Highway, turn right towards Beechwood on Beechwood Road, sign posted as Werrikimbe National Park 63kms.
- At Beechwood, turn right onto Bellangry Road, signposted as Werrikimbe National Park 56km
- After 17km the road changes from tar to gravel and becomes known as Hastings Forest Way
- From the start of the gravel travel 37.7km to the intersection of Cockerawombeeba Road and bear right along Hastings Forest Way for 2km. The entrance for Brushy Mountain is on the right.
Check the weather before you set out as Hastings Forest Way can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available along the Hastings Forest Way touring route.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Werrikimbe National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Bathe in warm days and huddle around the campfire on cool nights at one of the remote campgrounds.
See the bushland burst with colour as the spring wildflowers attract a range of birds.
Escape the crowds and the coastal heat and enjoy walking in cool temperate rainforest.
Experience crystal clear days and crisp early morning frosts. Listen out for the night-time territorial calls of large forest owls from your tent.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 29°C
5°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
- Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected from the park
- You are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
Maps and downloads
- Kempsey office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6561 6700
- 247 Old Station Rd, Verges Creek NSW 2440