Big Yango loop trail
Yengo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Big Yango loop trail.
Getting there and parking
Big Yango loop trail is in the Big Yango precinct of Yengo National Park.
A gate code is required to access this area and access is only for those staying overnight at the Big Yango House, Blue Gums campground or Mountain Arm campground. There is no access for day visitors.
To get there:
- Turn right onto the start of Big Yango loop trail at the display shelter near Big Yango House
- Follow the trail past Blue Gums campground and Yango walking track
- Continue in an anti-clockwise direction around the back of Mount Yengo.
- This trail is only suitable for 4WD vehicles with low range
- Check the weather before you set out as Big Yango loop trail can become boggy when it rains.
Parking is available at the start of the Mount Yengo loop trail.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yengo National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Try mountain bike-riding around the Mount Yengo loop trail.
Set up camp at either Blue Gums or Mountain Arm campground and enjoy the stunning spring wildflower display.
Great for 4WD touring, experience those amazing sunsets and spectacular views from Finchley lookout.
Make Big Yango House your base to explore the park, enjoy warm days on the veranda and chilly nights by the fireplace.
Maps and downloads
If you're travelling through a national park or reserve on a public road you can have pets inside your vehicle. However, you must keep them inside your vehicle while driving through national parks or reserves. You must also comply with any conditions in the park’s plan of management, and you cannot stop to visit the park or use park facilities (unless for safety reasons, or to use publicly accessible toilets).
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330