Big Yango loop trail
Yengo National Park
Big Yango loop trail is a great activity for 4WD touring and mountain biking when staying at Blue Gums campground, Mountain Arm campground or Big Yango House in Yengo National Park.
- 22km loop
- Time suggested
- 1.5 to 2 hr
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- Vehicle access to this attraction is only available to visitors who are camping or staying at Big Yango House, Blue Gums campground or Mountain Arm campground. Gate codes will be provided in booking confirmations.
- This trail is only suitable for experienced 4WD drivers and 4WD vehicles with low range.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
The Big Yango loop trail is a great way to get away from it all and explore this rugged landscape. Whether you're in a 4WD or on a mountain bike, it's an excellent way to experience the remoteness of Yengo for yourself.
Not for the faint-hearted, the 22km trail includes some steep climbs and descents, as well as a few tight switchbacks. There are several washed-out areas along the track that are difficult to drive, so this trail is recommended only for very experienced 4WD drivers.
Take in spectacular views of the vast landscape, which extends west over the Yengo and Wollemi wilderness areas, out as far west as Newnes and Rylstone. Watch out for wombats, wallabies and even goannas. And, if visiting in spring, be sure to stop to enjoy the wonderful display of wildflowers.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving Our Species program
Australia is home to more than 500,000 animal and plant species, many of which are found nowhere else in the world. Saving our Species is a statewide conservation program that addresses the growing number of Australian animals and Australian native plants facing extinction.
- Bulga office
- Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 02 6574 5555
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- in Yengo National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Yengo National Park is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
The Big Yango precinct of the park is within locked gates and requires a permit to enter.
Things to do (5)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (1)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (2)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (2)
- Walking (1)