School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 3 (Years 5-6), HSIE, Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
This excursion experience has been updated and is now being delivered in line with the new NSW Department of Education Curriculum. We will be revising this excursion's name and information online soon. Contact your local national parks office for more information about the updated excursion.
Read more about It's gold!
It's gold is a school excursion in Copeland Tops State Conservation Area for Stage 3 (Years 5-6) primary school students focusing on HSIE.
Students undertake a journey back in time through the historical past of Copeland Tops and learn about the area's golden history.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 3 (Years 5-6)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
HT3-1. Describes and explains the significance of people, groups, places and events to the development of Australia
HT3-2. Describes and explains different experiences of people living in Australia over time
- Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
$380 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. For groups over 30 conditions apply.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Newcastle Hunter
- 02 4946 4112
- 02 4946 4150
- Hunter Wetland Centre, Sandgate Road, Shortland NSW
- in Copeland Tops State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Copeland Tops State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.