School excursionSpecial Offer
What is a national park?
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
School excursions in NSW national parks
We are currently taking bookings for school excursions. Not all excursions are being delivered as per the usual program due to rules outlined by NSW Health. Alternative learning options with NPWS include online digital resources or incursions delivered at your school. Please contact your National Parks education contact or the relevant local park office for more information.
This excursion experience has been updated and is now being delivered in line with the new NSW Department of Education Curriculum. We will be revising this excursion's name and information online soon. Contact your local national parks office for more information about the updated excursion.
Read more about What is a national park?
Explore the unique natural and built environments of Blue Gum Hills Regional Park on this Stage 2 (Years 3-4) school excursion focusing on HSIE. Discover why people visit this area and what activities they can enjoy. You'll also learn about the local Aboriginal culture and the impact of European settlement on the area.
Students will learn to understand the role of workers in a national park, and how you can help to conserve and protect these special places.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
Weekdays (all year).
- Guided. Available on request.
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
- Medium. Guided activities in a suburban national park, on formed and uneven bush walking tracks, and on a grassed picnic area.
$380 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. For groups over 30 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park carpark, off Minmi Rd, Minmi.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Newcastle Hunter
- 02 4946 4112
- 02 4946 4150
- Hunter Wetland Centre, Sandgate Road, Shortland NSW
- in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in the North Coast region
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park is open 7.30am to 8pm during daylight savings (7.30am to 5pm at other times), but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.