School excursionSpecial Offer
Sensing the rainforest
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Iluka Nature Reserve
Sensing the Rainforest is a Stage 2 (Years 3–4) school excursion in Iluka Nature Reserve, focusing on HSIE Geography outcomes. Students experience the rainforest environment through sensory exploration.
Read more about Sensing the rainforest
The program brings to life the wonders of Iluka Nature Reserve through fun and engaging ranger-guided interactive activities. It supports the study of ‘The Earth’s Environment’.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-3. Examines differing perceptions about the management of places and environments
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
- Weekdays during school terms
- Iluka Nature Reserve
- 1hr 30min
- Easy. Suitable for all age groups and fitness levels.
- $235 per group (includes GST). Maximum 30 students per group. For groups with more than 30 students, conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Long Street carpark, at the south end of Iluka Nature Reserve.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.