School excursionSpecial Offer
Old Kinchega Homestead tour
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Kinchega National Park
Explore Old Kinchega Homestead precinct within Kinchega National Park on our Stage 2 (year 3-4) Geography excursion. Take a walk around the Old Kinchega Homestead ruins with a NSW National Parks Ranger to gain insight into life on a pastoral station during the pioneer days.
Read more about Old Kinchega Homestead tour
Learn about life on the land for Aboriginal people. Participants are invited to visit Aboriginal sites on Kinchega National Park and identify animals and plants which are important to local Aboriginal people.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
HT2-2. Describes and explains how significant individuals, groups and events contributed to changes in the local community over time
HT2-3. Describes people, events and actions related to world exploration and its effects
- Guided. Available on request.
- 1-3 hr
$5 per student for a half day tour.
- Meeting point
- Old Kinchega Homestead carpark
- Yes. Workbooks are provided. Students will need a pencil and a clipboard to lean on.
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Broken Hill
- 08 8084 2880
- 183 Argent Street, Broken Hill NSW
- in Kinchega National Park in the Outback NSW region
Kinchega National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has a pay and display envelope payment system - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass