Places are similar and different
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Royal National Park
Info for teachers
Everything you need to know about Places are similar and different.
- Interactive introductory presentation about native animals up-close, examining museum-grade taxidermy specimens.
- Dip net fishing in a freshwater creek
- Minibeast bug catching and camouflage face-painting
- Bushwalk to Wattamolla headland
- Habitat making sand sculptures on the beach
What to bring
Please wear closed comfortable shoes and bring a hat and sunscreen. Be ready for all weather conditions with a jumper and raincoat. And remember to bring food and water as well as any necessary medications. It’s a good idea to pack your belongings in a backpack rather than a plastic bag because we have some curious birds who may try to break in and share your lunch with you.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
- Enter Royal National Park via the Loftus, Waterfall or Otford entrances and drive until you reach Wattamolla Road.
- Continue all the way down Wattamolla Road until you reach the carpark turning circle/island.
There is parking at Wattamolla carpark.
Maps and downloads
Risk assessment and risk benefits
The team at Ranger Jamie Tours have the technical skill and experience to assess the risks and the benefits of a variety of activities delivered as part of our learning programs.
We believe in including opportunities that allow students to learn and experience for themselves through exploration in the natural environment.
Upon booking you will be emailed a complete risk assessment that has been filled out for you.
Disability access level - medium
Pathways are wide and relatively flat, however there are some stairs and some of the activities take place on a beach. Assistance may be required for those with mobility restrictions.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Payment options include Audley Visitor Centre, vehicle entry stations, pay machines and the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass