School excursionSpecial Offer
Places are similar and different
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Geography, Royal National Park
Explore the features of different places and environments on this Stage 2 (Years 3-4) geography excursion with Ranger Jamie Tours. Observe the variations between bushland, sand and sea in the pristine coastal surrounds of Royal National Park.
Read more about Places are similar and different
With the Ranger Jamie team, you'll walk through this stunning coastal landscape, observing sandstone escarpments, sandy beaches, coastal heath and forest. Go dip net fishing in a freshwater creek, catch bugs, bushwalk to Wattamolla headland and build beach habitats for turtles and penguins.
As you explore, the Ranger Jamie team will help you investigate the ways people, places and environments interact. You’ll have the opportunity to consider how the protection of places is influenced by people’s perceptions of those places. You’ll also learn about different climates, settlement patterns and the demographic characteristics of the people who live here.
Ranger Jamie Tours is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
GE2-1. Examines features and characteristics of places and environments
GE2-2. Describes the ways people, places and environments interact
GE2-3. Examines differing perceptions about the management of places and environments
GE2-4. Acquires and communicates geographical information using geographical tools for inquiry
- Monday to Friday all year round.
- Guided. Available on request. The Ranger Jamie team is also available to come to your school. Please contact Ranger Jamie Tours for more information.
- Royal National Park in Sydney and surrounds, South Coast
- Easy. Activities and a guided tour will take place on sealed walking tracks. Students will walk up and down stairs, and along a beach.
Contact Ranger Jamie Tours for pricing.
- Meeting point
- Wattamolla carpark level 1 in Royal National Park
- If you would like to organise a school excursion or incursion please use the 'Enquire now ' link or email or call Ranger Jamie Tours on 0432 851 574.
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Payment options include Audley Visitor Centre, vehicle entry stations, pay machines and the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass