Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Bongil Bongil National Park
Info for teachers
Everything you need to know about Bush tucker.
- Welcome, acknowledgement of Country and safety briefing
- Explore the riverside area adjacent to Bonville Creek with your Aboriginal guide
- Examine the plants and animals that live and thrive here
- Learn how some of these plants and animals were used for food, medicine and tools
- Hear stories of how the Gumbaynggirr People valued and cared for their environment, seeing it as a source of life and nurture.
- Farewell and depart
What to bring
Please wear long pants, closed, comfortable shoes and bring a hat and sunscreen. Be ready for all weather conditions with a jumper and raincoat. Remember to bring extra food and water, and any necessary medications. Please bring your belongings in a backpack rather than a plastic bag.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Maps and downloads
Risk assessment and risk benefits
Our rangers and guides have the technical skill and experience to assess the risks and the benefits of a variety of activities delivered as part of our learning programs.
We believe in including opportunities that allow students to learn and experience for themselves through exploration in the natural environment.
Please make your own risk assessment based on the information provided. Detailed potential risks and controls are provided for the site to assist teachers in risk management planning. Teachers and carers should be aware of, and consider the needs, abilities and medical conditions of students when visiting this site. The supervision of students remains the responsibility of the teacher. The school must ensure an adequate number of adult supervisors are present.
Disability access level - medium
Bongil picnic area has a medium accessibility grading and some assistance may be required to access the area.
- in Bongil Bongil National Park in the North Coast region
Bongil Bongil National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.