Lake Mungo and Culpra Milli immersion
Stage 5 (Years 9-10), Aboriginal Studies, Mungo National Park
Info for teachers
Everything you need to know about Lake Mungo and Culpra Milli immersion .
- Staying on Country with Traditional Owners and their families
- Hearing dreamtime stories around the campfire under a blanket of stars.
- Hiking through Mungo National Park with Aboriginal rangers and seeing the fossil record come to life.
- Discovering the historical, cultural and spiritual significance of Lake Mungo through ancient and modern Aboriginal perspectives.
- Exploring the stories and traditions of First Nations Peoples – past, present and emerging.
What to bring
A complete packing list will be provided once your booking is confirmed.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
This is a door-to-door immersion and all transport is provided from your school.
Maps and downloads
Risk assessment and risk benefits
A comprehensive risk assessment will be made available after confirmation of your booking.
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- in Mungo National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Mungo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Fees are payable through self-registration envelopes outside Mungo Visitor Centre. Different fees apply for commercial tour operators and vehicles with 8 seats or more.Buy annual pass