Mount Royal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Youngville campground.
Getting there and parking
Youngville campground is in the centre of Mount Royal National Park. To get there:
- Continue along Mount Royal Road until you reach the campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Youngville campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Youngville campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Royal National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is the best time of year to tackle the hike to Pieries Peak for spectacular scenic views of the area.
Enjoy a shady barbecue at Youngville picnic area.
Orchids are in flower at this time of year, so take a walk to Carrow Brook to enjoy them.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 30°C
7°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.