Yarrangobilly Village campground
Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yarrangobilly Village campground.
Getting there and parking
Yarrangobilly Village campground is in the northern precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Travel 62km south along Snowy Mountains Highway
- The campground is near the highway where it crosses Yarrangobilly River, before you reach the turnoff to Yarrangobilly Caves
- Take the Snowy Mountains Highway and continue for around 118km
- The campground is on the Highway, around 7.5km north of the Yarrangobilly Caves turnoff
- Yarrangobilly Caves entrance and exit roads are graded gravel. They're suitable for 2WD and 4WD vehicles up to 12.5m in length, however the Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) advise that the roads are unsuitable for caravans.
- RMS recommends snow chains are carried by all vehicles driving in the park in winter, including 4WD and AWD, in case of extreme weather. Visit the Live Traffic website for road conditions.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Snow chains required after snow
Parking is available at Yarrangobilly Village campground.
- River water is available at this campground - you'll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- We encourage you to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during fire season.
- The nearest food and fuel facilities are available 20km to the west in Talbingo.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass