Gundabooka National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yanda campground.
Getting there and parking
Yanda campground is in Gundabooka State Conservation Area, next to Gundabooka National Park. To get there:
- Drive south from Bourke on Kidman Way for approximately 3km and turn right onto Louth Road
- Continue along Louth Road for approximately 43km until you reach Yanda campground entrance, which is on the right-hand side of the road opposite the Telstra tower.
From Gundabooka National Park:
- From Ben Lomond Road, turn on Yanda track.
- Continue along Yanda track until you reach Louth Road (approximately 29km).
- Turn left onto Louth Road and continue driving for approximately 4km until you reach Yanda campground entrance, which is on the left-hand side of the road.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Yanda campround.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Gundabooka National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
It's a great time to visit the park with the weather being a bit cooler, and after summer rain, the park may be looking a little greener than usual.
Join in on a Discovery tour to find out more about the park, the amazing landscape and the animals who live here.
Crisp clear days await you, it's perfect weather for walking and if you don't feel like camping out, you can book into the comfort of Redbank Homestead.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 33°C
6°C and 17°C
January and February
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.