Murray Valley National Park
Campground booking required
You will need to plan ahead and make a booking if you'd like to stay at this campground.
Camp beside the Wakool River among the river red gums and black box trees at Whymoul campgrounds in Murray Valley National Park, near Barham.
The Whymoul area is a lovely spot to enjoy some fishing and listen to the birds. Birdwatchers are in for a treat—over 100 birds call this area home including the white-bellied sea-eagle.
Choose from these 16 campgrounds when you arrive:
- Trappers campground
- Wilek Wilek Galah campground
- Pandelang Whistling Kite campground
- Telkaya Peaceful campground
- Chickowee campground
- Eagleview campground
- Pembengguk Children campground
- Wulma Old campground
- Doodledoo campground
- Three Whistlers campground
- Tulu Tree Stump campground
- The Shambles campground
- Werrpanakata Fishing Place campground
- Billabong campground
- Far Bend campground
- Top End campground
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- You can’t remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
- Pets and domestics animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park. If you want to camp with your dog, find a campground in Murray Valley Regional Park.
Vehicle access and road quality
- Whymoul campgrounds are generally not accessible in winter.
- All roads leading to the campgrounds in the Whymoul area are unsealed.
- 4WD vehicles recommended.
- Vehicles must remain on identified formed roads.
How to get there
- From Barham, travel 16km north on Moulamein Road.
- From Deniliquin, travel 82km west via Barham Road then north on Moulamein Road.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (25)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (13)
- Canoeing/paddling (8)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (8)
- Historic heritage (6)
- Picnics and barbecues (12)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (3)
- Sightseeing (7)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (11)