Tin Mines campground
Woomargama National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Tin Mines campground.
Getting there and parking
Tin Mines campground is located in the western section of Woomargama National Park. To get there from Albury:
- Travel north on Hume Highway
- Take the Woomargama exit
- Turn right into Tunnel Road and travel about 10km to the park boundary
- Turn left onto Tin Mines trail and travel approx 20km to the campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Tin Mines campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Tin Mines campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Woomargama National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The crisp air offers excellent conditions for exploring either on foot or by mountain bike.
Many of the wildflowers are in bloom; including the pale-pink common fringe myrtle; native fuchsia, with its red bell-shaped flowers, and the yellow bitter-peas.
Camp in the bushland by Basin Creek, where it's cool, at Tin Mines campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 30°C
5°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Tank water is available at this campground, but you’ll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
Sealed pit toilet.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
Generators are permitted to be used in particular areas within this campground.