The Sink campground
Abercrombie River National Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Sink campground.
Getting there and parking
The Sink campground is in the southern precinct of Abercrombie River National Park. To get there:
- Take Tablelands Way/Abercrombie Road south from Oberon for 32km
- Turn right onto Isabella Road, 9km past Black Springs.
- Travel 25km through Vulcan State Forest on Blue Road to Arkstone Road
- Travel down Abercrombie fire trail to The Retreat trail turn-off
- Drive carefully down the steep track to the campground
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- All weather
Parking is available at The Sink campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for in Abercrombie River National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The weather at this time of year is perfect for camping and hiking.
Bring your swimmers and take a dip in Abercrombie and Retreat rivers.
The days are crisp – snow falls in higher parts of the park – so pack on the layers, fire up the 4WD and explore some of those trails.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
9°C and 25°C
0°C and 11°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Rubbish bins are not available, please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)