Rocky Point campground
Yuraygir National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Rocky Point campground.
Getting there and parking
Rocky Point campground is in Yuraygir National Park. To get there:
- Turn off Pacific Highway, south of Grafton, following the signs to Wooli.
- Turn east off Wooli Road onto Minnie Water Road at the Minnie Water sign
- As you drive into Minnie Water, 100m past the caravan park, turn left onto Illaroo Road.
- Follow Illaroo Road, then turn east into the signposted entrance to the southern section of Illaroo campground.
- The campground is a 200m walk
- No vehicle access
Parking is available at Illaroo campground – a walking distance of 200m.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Yuraygir National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is the perfect time of year to go beach fishing along the park's coastline.
The park's heathlands provide a spectacular display of wildflowers. Check them out on your choice of walking track, including the Wilsons Headland walk and, of course, the Yuraygir coastal walk.
Visit in summer to make the most of the park's countless beaches and waterways. Swim, surf or snorkel – cooling sea breezes provide welcome relief in hot weather.
Plan a winter trip to go whale watching. The sight of migrating whales swimming north to warmer waters is second-to-none, and there are magnificent viewing points at Red Cliffs lookout and Brooms Head.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
9°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground
- You can pick up some groceries and ice at Minnie Water general store, a short drive away.
- Rubbish bins are not available so please take rubbish with you when leaving.