Quicks Beach campground
Murray Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Quicks Beach campground.
Getting there and parking
Quicks Beach is in the Cottadidda precinct of Murray Valley National Park.
If you’re travelling from the south, travel to Cobram and then Barooga:
- Cross the bridge over the Murray River, and travel 2.5km along Vermont Street
- Turn right into Hughes Street and then right onto Quicks Road
- Follow the track towards the river bank, it's about 300m to the campground
To get there from the north, travel to Barooga town centre:
- Turn left into Hughes Street about 2.5km before the bridge
- Turn right onto Quicks Road and into the park
- Follow the track towards the river bank it's about 300m to the campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Quicks Beach can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Quicks Beach
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murray Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The perfect time for a camping holiday: the days are cooler and the nights are not yet too chilly.
If it's been a wet winter white ibis and straw necked ibis will be nesting from late winter through to spring.
A great time for water activities on the Murray - swimming in the river is a delightful way to spend your time.
The morning light sparkles on the river; try your hand at fishing for Murray cray.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 32°C
3°C and 17°C
August to October
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Water is not available at this campground.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
- Toilet facilities are wheelchair accessible
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.