Private Town campground
Yerranderie Regional Park
All the practical information you need to know about Private Town campground.
Getting there and parking
Private Town campground is in Yerranderie Regional Park. To get there:
- Start at Oberon on Edith Road, then turn right after 8km onto Butter Factory Lane, which turns into Shooters Hill Road.
- Turn left onto Mount Werong Road (also known as Colong-Oberon Historic Stock Route) and follow this unsealed road past Mount Werong campground.
- Continue all the way along the crest of Murruin Range to Yerranderie Private Town. Stay on the main track and follow the signs.
Access to Private Town campground is only accessible from the Oberon-Colong Historic Stock Route. There is no access from Sydney (Oakdale).
- Protected water catchment areas prevent any access via the Burragong Valley, Picton and Oakdale. This is to protect Sydney's water quality.
- Online maps and GPS navigation devices do not show the right directions. Make sure you program Oberon as your initial destination, then Yerranderie Private Town.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Private Town campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 30°C
3°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- There are no rubbish bins available, so you'll need to take all rubbish with you when you leave.
The facilities block includes:
- 1 male toilet and shower
- 1 female toilet and shower
- Flush toilets
- Fire rings (firewood supplied)
- Hot showers