Polblue campground and picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Polblue campground and picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Polblue campground and picnic area is in the Polblue precinct of Barrington Tops National Park.
- Take Thunderbolts Way. This road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- The campground is located on the left after passing Devils Hole
- Take the Hunter Road from Scone
- Turn right onto Moonan Brook Road, then turn left on Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Polblue camping and picnic area is located 7km on the right after the Dingo Gate
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Polblue campground and picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
- Water is not available at this campground
- Visitors are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.