Polblue campground and picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Polblue campground and picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Polblue campground and picnic area is in the Polblue precinct of Barrington Tops National Park.
- Take Thunderbolts Way. This road becomes Scone Road and Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- The campground is located on the left after passing Devils Hole
- Take the Hunter Road from Scone
- Turn right onto Moonan Brook Road, then turn left on Barrington Tops Forest Road.
- Polblue campground and picnic area is located 7km on the right after the Dingo Gate
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
There is an informal parking area at Polblue campground and picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Barrington Tops National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Take to the park's walking tracks to make the most of cooler and drier daytime weather.
Look out for ground orchids and other wildflowers along the Polblue Swamp walking track.
Look out for the eastern water dragon basking on rocks around the streams.
- Water is not available at this campground
- Visitors are encouraged to bring gas or fuel stoves, especially in summer during the fire season.
There are 2 accessible toilets at the campground; one is on flat ground with entry straight into the toilet block and the other is accessible via a ramp.
There's also an accessible toilet at the picnic area, which can be reached via a ramp.
- Non-flush toilets
- The picnic tables are set on concrete slabs, with a small lip from the ground onto the concrete.
- There's a section of grass between the path and one picnic table. The other picnic table can be reached by crossing hard-packed gravel.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
There are hard-packed ground pathways around the campground but you may need to cross over grass to reach some of the facilities.
The campground is mostly flat. Ramps and slopes have a maximum gradient of 1:14.
- Step-free outdoor pathways
Seats and resting points
There's 1 seat with a backrest between the campground and picnic area.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- There's step-free access around the campground and picnic area, with hard-packed ground pathways and flat grassy areas.
- There are 2 accessible toilets at the campground and 1 accessible toilet at the picnic area
- There are accessible picnic tables at the picnic area
- There's 1 bench seat with a backrest between the campground and picnic area
- Ramps or slopes at the campground have a maximum gradient of 1:14.