Pinch River campground
Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Pinch River campground.
Getting there and parking
Pinch River campground is in the southern (Lower Snowy) precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
From Snowy Region Visitor Centre:
- Drive 1.5km to the Barry Way turn-off
- Turn left on Barry Way and drive 58.4km south along Barry Way
- Turn right into Pinch River campground (just before Pinch River Bridge).
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass