Murray Valley National Park
Campground booking required
You will need to plan ahead and make a booking if you'd like to stay at this campground.
Camp by the Wakool River at one of 6 campgrounds in the Noorong-Wetuppa area of Murray Valley National Park. Enjoy some fishing, relax and watch the kingfishers.
These campgrounds are a great place to relax beside the river among the river red gums. You’ll be following in the footsteps of the workers and their families who lived in slab huts and tents at the nearby Gee Gee Crossing sawmill in the 1920s and 30s.
There are 6 campgrounds in the Noorong-Wetuppa area to choose from when you arrive. Gee Gee Bend, Lowes, Bumpy Tree and Wild Canary campgrounds are located in the Noorong precinct upstream of Gee Gee bridge. Chilvers and Spur Point campgrounds are located in the Wetuppa precinct downstream of Gee Gee bridge. Each of the campgrounds has a capacity of 2 campsites.
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- You can’t remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
- The sawmill location is protected as a historic site. Damaging the site or using metal detectors is prohibited.
- Pets and domestics animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park. If you want to camp with your dog, find a campground in Murray Valley Regional Park.
Vehicle access and road quality
- These campgrounds are generally not accessible in winter.
- All roads leading to the Noorong-Wetuppa area are unsealed.
- 4WD vehicles are recommended. Caravans are not recommended
- Vehicles must remain on identified formed roads.
How to get there
The Noorong-Wetuppa campgrounds are located 36km east of Swan Hill on Noorong Road or 55km north-west of Barham via Moulamein Road and Noorong Road.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (24)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (12)
- Canoeing/paddling (8)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (8)
- Historic heritage (5)
- Picnics and barbecues (11)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (3)
- Sightseeing (7)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (11)