New Country Swamp campground
Mummel Gulf National Park
All the practical information you need to know about New Country Swamp campground.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
New Country Swamp campground is on the eastern side of Mummel Gulf National Park. To get there:
- From Oxley Highway, take Enfield Road and drive for 12km, turning right into Mummel Forest Road.
- From Nowendoc, take Brackendale Road and then turn right into Mummel Forest Road. New Country Swamp is approximately 25km from Brackendale Road.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become slippery when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at New Country Swamp campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mummel Gulf National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The forest is in bloom in spring; keep an eye out for greenhood orchids on the forest floor.
Take advantage of the forest shade while the coast and western slopes are hot. At night, boobook owls can be heard milling about the campground.
Light snow sometimes falls in winter, combining with misty mornings to create an evocative atmosphere.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 28.5°C
6.1°C and 19.2°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.