Mungo Brush campground
Myall Lakes National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mungo Brush campground.
Getting there and parking
Mungo Brush campground is in the Bombah Broadwater precinct of Myall Lakes National Park. To get there:
- From Hawks Nest, follow Mungo Brush Road for approximately 20km and follow the signs to the campground.
To get there from Pacific Highway near Bulahdelah:
- Take Bombah Point Road (unsealed) to the Bombah Point ferry crossing
- Catch the ferry across (8am–6pm, 7 days, fees apply) and continue along Mungo Brush Road for about 5km
- The campground is on the right-hand side shortly after Dees Corner campground.
If you're travelling on the Bombah Point ferry, see the prices here.
- Sealed roads
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Drive-on campsites allow for 1 vehicle to park directly on the site
- Tent only campsites provide parking for 1 vehicle adjacent to the site
- There is limited additional parking in bitumen parking bays around the campground
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Myall Lakes National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A good time to visit when the weather is a little cooler and the park is less busy.
Magnificent wildflower displays as they bloom across the heathlands.
Look for dolphins swimming among the waves.
Head to Sugarloaf Point to watch for whales on their annual migration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 27°C
10°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Campsites are marked, unpowered and suitable for caravans, camper trailers, campervans and tents.
- Water is not available at this campground
There's a wheelchair-accessible non-flush toilet at the north-east end of the campground.
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
There is boat trailer parking at the campground, and also a boat-free swimming zone.
There are rubbish and recycling bins at the campground.
The campground is step-free and mostly flat, but there are no pathways. You'll need to cross over grass and bitumen to reach the campsites and facilities.
Maps and downloads
Fees and passes
Bombah Point ferry fees -
The vehicle ferry at Bombah Point provides access across the lake (8am to 6pm daily, fees apply: cash only). Under strong winds the ferry may be closed. Contact the park office to check. Ferry fees:
- $2.50 per pedestrian
- $5.50 per motorbike
- $6.50 per car
- $6.50 caravan, trailer or boat trailer
- $10 per 4 tonne or larger vehicles
Disability access level - medium
- The campground is mostly flat and there is step-free access to the campsites and facilities, but there are no pathways.
- You'll need to cross over grass and bitumen to reach your campsite, the picnic tables, barbecues and amenities.
- There's an accessible toilet and accessible picnic tables.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Amplified music is not permitted
Attachments to trees
Do not tie ropes to trees. It can cause damage which may lead to tree removal and the loss of shade.
Drunken or offensive behaviour
Drunken, offensive anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and offenders will be asked to leave the park with no refund.
Possession or use of fireworks is not permitted
Please be considerate of others and keep noise to a minimum. Noise must cease from 10pm.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Fires are not permitted. All solid fuel (wood, heat beads, charcoal, briquettes, hexamite) barbecues and stoves are also not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay machines at Mungo Brush campground. Day passes are also available from the Manning Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah Visitor Information Centre and the Hawks Nest Newsagency. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass