Werrikimbe National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mooraback campground.
Getting there and parking
Mooraback campground is in the Mooraback precinct of Werrikimbe National Park. To get there:
- Follow the Oxley Highway 55km east of Walcha or 150km west of Port Macquarie
- Turn into Kangaroo Flat Road
- After approximately 19.5km, turn into Mooraback Road and follow for 7km to the park entrance.
- After entering the park, Mooraback campground is another 7km along Mooraback Road.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Mooraback campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at Mooraback campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Werrikimbe National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Bathe in warm days and huddle around the campfire on cool nights at one of the remote campgrounds.
See the bushland burst with colour as the spring wildflowers attract a range of birds.
Escape the crowds and the coastal heat and enjoy walking in cool temperate rainforest.
Experience crystal clear days and crisp early morning frosts. Listen out for the night-time territorial calls of large forest owls from your tent.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 29°C
5°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Creek water is available at this campground, but you’ll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- There may be a supply of firewood at this campground, but it’s a good idea to bring your own supply.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (firewood supplied)
Maps and downloads
Generators are not permitted in this campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.