Millewa campgrounds: National Park
Murray Valley National Park
Book a camping stay at Millewa campgrounds in Murray Valley National Park, near Mathoura. Choose a spot along the slower flowing Edward River, or pick your spot on the mighty Murray.
Choose from 15 campgrounds when you arrive:
- McLaurens campground
- Middle campground
- Farm Road campground
- Cumalong campgrounds
- Wire Fence Landing campground
- House Creek campground
- Honeymoon Bend campground
- Scott’s Beach campground
- Paradise Beach campground
- Aratula campground
- Top End Beach campground
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- You can’t remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
- Pets and domestics animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park. If you want to camp with your dog, find a campground in Murray Valley Regional Park.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads leading to Millewa campgrounds are unsealed. 4WD vehicles recommended when wet. RVs/motorhomes are not recommended in these campgrounds.
How to get there
- Head south-east on Cobb Highway/Moama Street/B75 towards Frome Street
- Turn left onto Jones Street
- Continue onto Picnic Point Road
- Turn left onto Millewa Road
- Slight right onto Fisherman’s Bend Road
The scenic Moira drive takes you through the gorgeous river red gum forest around the mighty Murray River. Walk to the water bird observatory and stop for a picnic lunch.
Murray River canoe trails
These 4 canoe trails in Murray Valley National Park and Victoria’s Barmah National Park offer something for every paddler. Canoe the flowing Murray River, secluded creeks or Barmah Lake.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (10)