Mill Creek campground
Dharug National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mill Creek campground.
Getting there and parking
Mill Creek campground is located 6.6km east of the Wisemans Ferry crossing, on the north side of the Hawkesbury River in Dharug National Park.
To get there, turn right from the ferry and follow signs for Dharug National Park – Mill Creek campground. Turn left and follow the road for 1.7km to the end, where you’ll find the campground. You can also reach the campground by taking Wisemans Ferry Road from the F3 exits at Calga, Gosford and Peats Ridge.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Mill Creek campground.
- For sites 1 to 8 you can park onsite with your campervan, camper trailer or small caravan (4m/13ft).
- For other sites, there are parking spaces along the road through the campground, with camping a short distance from your vehicle (20m to 100m).
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Dharug National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The water has warmed up nicely by late summer so autumn is great for kayaking and canoeing along the Hawkesbury river.
The spring months are perfect for enjoying more strenuous activities in the park, like the longer walks and mountain bike riding. It's also the perfect time to see wildflowers.
The park is still stunning in winter and walking on sunny days is very pleasant. It can be cold at night so bring warm gear if you're camping.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
13°C and 27°C
8°C and 18°C
February and March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Tank water is available, however it’s not recommended for drinking.
- The exclusive group camp area has non-flush toilets and wood barbecues. It is suitable for tents only.
- There are no bins, so please take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- Non-flush toilets
Wood barbecues are shared between 2 or 3 sites, and firewood is not supplied.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair accessible
- Toilet facilities are wheelchair accessible