Mann River campground and picnic area
Mann River Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about the Mann River campground and picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Mann River campground and picnic area is in Mann River Nature Reserve. To get there:
- Drive west of Grafton along Gwydir Highway for 125km or east from Glen Innes for 37km
- Take the unsealed Old Grafton Road and drive for approximately 2km before descending 14km on sealed road to the base of Big Hill
- Drive for 150m on an unsealed road to the campground turn off
- For 4WD only, drive the historic (unsealed) Old Grafton road for about 130km from Grafton.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Mann River campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Mann River campground and picnic area.
Best times to visit
Bushwalking, birdwatching and photography are great things to do at this time.
A great time for birdwatching and bushwalking.
Enjoy some swimming in the majestic Mann River.
Winter is best for crisp, clear skies and excellent stargazing.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C to 25°C
0.7°C to 14°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Water is not available at this campground
- Non-flush toilets
A large picnic shelter is available
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Firewood is not supplied and collecting firewood in the park is not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.