Lowells Flat campground
Brindabella National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Lowells Flat campground.
Getting there and parking
On entering Brindabella National Park, drive towards the southern end of Lowells Flat trail.
Road conditions and access
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Lowells Flat campground can become boggy when it rains and snows.
- High-clearance 4WD only. Roads to this campground are very steep and aren't suitable for SUVs, 2WD or vehicles towing camper trailers and caravans.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Lowells Flat campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Brindabella National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the milder weather and take in the spectacular views and spring wildflowers as you explore the park on one of the many 4WD trails.
Perfect for a camping weekend on the banks of the Goodradigbee River. Relax under the shade of a river she-oak and see if you can spot a wallaby or kangaroo feeding on the river flats.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
11°C and 29°C
0°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Treated water is not available at this campground. Please remember to boil any water taken from the Goodradigbee River.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
The pit toilet is wheelchair-accessible
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.