Kylies Hut walk-in campground
Crowdy Bay National Park
COVID-safe travel from 1 June 2020
All camping in NSW national parks requires a booking. Click the book now button to see availability and restrictions. To prepare for your camping trip, read these camping safety tips.
Kylies Hut walk-in campground is closed because of severe damage from bushfires.
|Camping type||Tent, Remote/backpack camping|
Park entry fees apply and are not included in your camping fees.
Before it closed, the campground was centred around historic Kylies Hut, built by local man Ernie Metcalfe for Australian author Kylie Tennant. Kylie moved to the area during World War II and used the hut as a writer’s retreat.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Port Macquarie office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6588 5555 for general enquiries only, no bookings.
- 22 Blackbutt Road, Port Macquarie NSW 2444
- in Crowdy Bay National Park in the North Coast region
Crowdy Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Pay park entry fees at the Diamond Head campground onsite office.Buy annual pass