Kwiambal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Kookibitta campground.
Getting there and parking
Kookibitta campground is in the northern area of Kwiambal National Park. To get there:
- Take Wallangra Road northwest then turn right onto Sandy Creek Road
- Turn left onto Limestone Road and continue into Kwiambal National Park
- Turn left onto McIntyre Falls Road then right onto Lemon Tree Flat Road
- Turn right at the Kookibitta campground sign and continue to the campground.
Check the weather and road conditions before setting out. The road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Kookibitta campground.
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- Non-flush toilets
This campground has a large camp kitchen shelter with gas/electric barbecues.
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Cycling is permitted on roads. You can’t ride on walking tracks, including Junction track.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Recreational hunting in NSW National Parks is an illegal activity and is a fineable offence.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.