Jacobs River campground
Lower Snowy River area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Jacobs River campground.
Getting there and parking
Jacobs River campground is in the southern (Lower Snowy) precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there from Snowy Region Visitor Centre:
- Drive 1.5km along Kosciuszko Road
- Turn left onto Barry Way and drive 51.7km south
- Turn left at Jacob’s River campground access track
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Jacobs River campground.
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Rubbish bins are not available – please take rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Assistance may be required to access this area.
Firewood is not provided and may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in the Lower Snowy River area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Lower Snowy River area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues.
No park entry fees apply in the Lower Snowy River area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass