Gulpa campgrounds: Regional Park
Murray Valley Regional Park
Camp with the family and your dog at Gulpa campgrounds in Murray Valley Regional Park, near Mathoura.
Choose from one campground in the regional park when you arrive:
- McCartneys campground
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- Dogs and domestic pets are permitted everywhere in Murray Valley Regional Park, but they are prohibited in Murray Valley National Park. You can walk and camp with your dog in Murray Valley Regional Park however you will need to keep them on a leash at all times and remember to pick up after them.
You can't remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads leading to Gulpa campgrounds are unsealed. 4WD vehicles recommended when wet. RVs/motorhomes are not recommended in these campgrounds.
How to get there
From Mathoura, turn left at Gulpa Creek Road, just over Polly's Bridge.
Gulpa Creek walk
Gulpa Creek walk, in Murray Valley Regional Park, is an easy path to walk along with your dog and great for birdwatching with opportunities to go canoeing or kayaking, not far from Mathoura.
Edward River Bridge campground
Dogs are welcome to Edward River Bridge campground which offers free camping sites within Murray Valley Regional Park, not far from Mathoura.
Edward River Bridge picnic area
Enjoy a riverside family barbecue at Edward River Bridge picnic area at Mathoura, not far from Deniliquin. This picnic area in Murray Valley Regional Park welcomes dogs and is equipped with barbecues and picnic tables.
Reed Beds Bird Hide boardwalk
It’s an easy walk along the boardwalk to Reed Beds Bird Hide, with fun things to do along the way. Listen to see how many different bird calls you can hear on the way.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley Regional Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (10)